Victory Christian Academy
& & & &
It is the purpose of Victory Christian Academy to provide a well-rounded Christian education for its students. Our goal is to train and teach students to excel in education. We strive to give them our best and help them strengthen their weak areas. By providing an education with Biblical principles, we believe our students receive the best that is offered in education today. It is our conviction that a Christian school is obligated to incorporate the Bible in academic studies. It is our goal to have the 'Spirit of Excellence" demonstrated in every area of our school.
v v v v
Victory Christian Academy (VCA) offers 13 years of education from kindergarten through twelfth grade. The academic year will be based on nine-week quarters. The general spiritual objective, within the pages of each of the basic academic subjects, is to train the child to see life from Godís point of view, to shape attitude, and to mold character to the image of Jesus. Thus, VCA rejects the philosophy/religion of humanism, which we believe to be inconsistent with the Holy Scriptures and harmful to society. Furthermore, we cannot accept humanism in any form.
: : : :
Objectives of Education
1. The student should progress toward a well-balanced life while enrolled in the school. Attitudes and motives are extremely important in this progression.
2. The student should gain essential social skills for a well-adjusted life.
3. The student should acquire study skills equipping him/her to become a lifetime learner.
4 The student should realize the place that authority occupies in society and in the church.
5. The student should exhibit progress in all academic endeavors.
6. The student should obtain academic knowledge and skills necessary for a productive life.
7. The student should expand his/her knowledge and skills, according to his/her ability, beyond the discipline and curriculum offered by the school.
8. The student should learn the importance of placing priorities of this life in proper perspective.
In summary, the school should stimulate the student to improvement in the following areas: spiritual life, mental life, social life, and physical life.
- ><> - ><> - - <>< - <>< -
In Proverbs 22:6, the Bible clearly shows us that parents are to train their children in the right way Therefore, we desire that the parents are actively involved with the school and are aware of their child's progress at all times by reinforcing at home their child's school work. Parent/teacher conferences will be scheduled, as needed, to insure the best possible progress of a child's learning. To prevent misunderstandings, parents and teachers are expected to communicate quickly on all questions concerning school matters.
In the area of discipline, we need the parents to support the faculty and staff, to openly discuss the problem, then for the parents to choose whatever means of discipline is necessary for the situation. The faculty will not take any measures of discipline without the parent's consent. We want to work with the parents and not against them.
Click here for [ Parent/Student Handbook ]
k k k k
In establishing Victory Christian Academy, we are endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit as we are about the Master's business. We desire to see your children be all that God wants them to be. We feel providing quality education will help to achieve that goal.
V V V V
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
"Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right."
Further information available upon request.
- ><> - ><> - - - <>< - <>< -
Victory Christian Academy has teaching positions available for anyone interested in teaching a variety of grades (K-12) in a one-room type school setting. VCA also has an administrator/teacher position available. If interested please contact:
RMMI 2910 Douglas Rd. Cortland, N.Y. 13045 or e-mail: RMMI@reigningone.com
- ><> - ><> - - <>< - <>< -[Home] ["King's" College]